The 2018 E-LEARNING.NG Essay Competition aims to encourage Nigerian students to embrace technology in relation to education through writing.
Title of Essay:
BOOKS AND COMPUTERS: WHO WILL WIN IN THE NEAREST FUTURE (Junior Category)
If I were the Minister for Education I would…….. (Senior Category)
Inform the world through your essay, what you think educational technology will pose to the academic growth of a student
- Essay submissions are free – at no cost to the participants
- Open to all nationalities
- Must have downloaded the mobile app
- E-LEARNING.NG Team and the Advisory Judges are not eligible\
- Must be between ages 11-20
- Maximum of 300 words.
- At the beginning or end of the essay, state onlyyour full names, state of origin, email and telephone number(s).
- Essay should be submitted on E-LEARNING.NG Mobile App or website in Channel –
- One (1) essay submission per person.
- Must be original, no plagiarism and not previously published.
- The competition language and the language of entries is English.
- Truth, logical consistency, facts, narrative structure/organisation, creativity/initiative.
- Once an essay is submitted, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
Reward [senior cash prizes] |[Junior Cash prizes]
- 1stprize: ₦250,000 and a laptop | N150,000 and a tablet
- 2nd prize: N150,000 and a laptop | N100,000 and a tablet
- 3rd prize: N100,000 and a laptop | N 50,000 and a tablet
Consolation Prizes of #5000 to all the winners of the state levels
Top 3 will be awarded certificates
- 1stposition: Your picture will be used as E-LEARNING.NG face of the month.
- 2nd– 10th positions: Essays published on the E-LEARNING.NG blog
- 1st– 10th positions: Essays are published weekly on the blog.
- Submission dates by participants: 1stSeptember 2018 – 30th September 2018
- E-LEARNING.NG review and submit Top 5 best entries from state level to Advisory Judges: 1st October 2018- 15th October 2018
- Blind review by the general public for the regional stage- Voting Process- 15th October 2018- 15th of November 2018
- Decision of Top 6 entries by Advisory Judges are published (without ranking) on the Competition Page: 30th November 2018.
*Decisions by the Judges are final and are not subject to legal appeal
- Profiles of the Top 3 participants are requested and published: 1st of December 2018
- The audience will then determine the final ranking for Positions 4th – 6th with an open and public online vote – multiple votes are allowed 1st Of December – 15th of December 2018.
- The audience will then determine the final ranking and winner (Top 3) with an open and public online vote – multiple votes are allowed December 16 – 22, 2018
- E-LEARNING.NG collates: 22- 29th December 2018
- Overall winner (and essay)/results are declared/published on 30th Of December 2018 on the blog.
- Payments made and certificate issued to winners on 31stDecember 2018
We welcome sponsorships for the 2018 E-LEARNING.NG Annual Essay Competition. Identifying, supporting and partnering with us on this competition is a testament to your personal, institutional or corporate conviction on the greatness, development and potentials of Nigeria/Nigerians.
For transparent and accountability purposes, every sponsorship for this competition received shall be made available on the blog [for privacy, sponsors can choose to use the initials of their names] we shall also provide up-to-date progress report to you.
Your support – financial or service-oriented, could therefore be targeted to the following areas
- Prizes: Top 1 – 10 Essays (Target: 2 million Naira)
- Media/Publicity (Target: 3 million Naira)
- Administrative/Logistics (Target: 2 million Naira)
- General/Overarching – If your support is targeted to the general/overarching running of the competition, we will ensure equity in its distribution to the entire competition process.
We are committed to making the E-LEARNING.NG Annual Essay Competition, the most rewarding educational prize competition in Nigeria by the year 2022.
Deadline: 31 July 2018